Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....
Posted by: Paul Brownlee
Date/Time: 01/12/14 20:51:00

I've lived in Brentford for 20 years and have never been enamoured of the place. I admit it has a significant history, and a degree of quaintness, but it was neglected and forgotten. Only in recent years with the development of the riverside has so much opinion been galvanised. There's lots of hot air here, but the reality is that the place was stewing in it's own cesspit - the High Street is a disgrace, and no encouragement to improve it has been forthcoming. What I want to know is can I see a doctor when I want one? Do I get value from my council tax? Does the loss of a police station and sub-post offices affect me detrimentally? Are my roads and infrastructure fit for purpose? Are some of the closed pubs a blessing? (The current closure of the Albany Arms is definitely a blessing for local residents). Is the public transport up to scratch? Is my rubbish collected regularly, are the schools able to function, is the A & E of my hospital going to survive? Are things better or worse since I moved here in 1994? The answer is a resounding "Yes". I regret the loss of the local baker, butcher, fishmonger et al, and I'm not an advocate of the new Brentford Market with it's artisan produce serving a certain elite metro clientèle - but the bottom line is that Brentford is a damn sight better than it ever was, and anyone who thinks different are wallowing in nostalgia - clouded and forgetting just how bad Brentford was. So bring on the new, keep the worthy old - but for God's sake move on and let this town breath and embrace the future with optimism. Whatever they do can not be as bad as the monstrous tower blocks of Green Dragon Lane. That was brutal planning and development. So bring it on I say. Change and architecture is subjective. What matters is quality of life. If that is enhanced then where's the beef?

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....25/11/14 13:58:00 Iain Muir
   Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....25/11/14 15:23:00 Adam Beamish
      Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....25/11/14 17:16:00 Iain Muir
         Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....26/11/14 08:58:00 Adam Beamish
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....26/11/14 14:34:00 Adam Beamish
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....26/11/14 15:22:00 Iain Muir
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....26/11/14 15:58:00 Adam Beamish
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....26/11/14 16:22:00 Anthony Waller
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....26/11/14 18:16:00 Guy Lambert
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....26/11/14 18:48:00 Iain Muir
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....27/11/14 11:03:00 Anthony Waller
                                 Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....29/11/14 02:24:00 Anna Santos
                                 Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....29/11/14 18:51:00 Mary A O'Hanlon
                                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....29/11/14 18:55:00 Keith Iddon
                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....29/11/14 19:08:00 Mary A O'Hanlon
                                          Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....30/11/14 17:04:00 Raymond Havelock
                                             Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 10:42:00 Adam Beamish
                                                Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 11:09:00 Keith Iddon
                                                   Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 11:19:00 Adam Beamish
                                                      Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 11:32:00 Keith Iddon
                                                         Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 11:56:00 Adam Beamish
                                                            Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 12:31:00 Keith Iddon
                                                               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 13:15:00 Adam Beamish
                                                                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 18:26:00 Raymond Havelock
                                                                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 20:09:00 Guy Lambert
                                                                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 20:27:00 Keith Iddon
                                                                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 20:47:00 Phil Andrews
                                                                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 20:55:00 Keith Iddon
                                                                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....02/12/14 10:39:00 Guy Lambert
                                                                                 Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....02/12/14 11:15:00 Keith Iddon
                                                                                 Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....02/12/14 18:39:00 Phil Andrews
                                                                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 20:51:00 Paul Brownlee
                                                                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 20:58:00 Keith Iddon
                                                                                 Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....01/12/14 21:05:00 Phil Andrews
                                                                                    Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....03/12/14 21:43:00 Steve Taylor
                                                                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Brentford Steering Group Video on Front Page.....03/12/14 23:27:00 Paul Allen

Forum Home