Forum Message

Topic: Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process
Forum Home
Posted by: Philippa Auton
Date/Time: 14/02/22 11:28:00

Attending the recent  Council’s Public meeting held last Thursday in Brentford,
I was constantly interrupted by Cllr Tony Louki when given the opportunity to put forward my question to the Panel.  Cllr Tony Louki was  Chair at the meeting. His behaviour became increasingly aggressive when he left his seat to storm directly towards me and snatch the microphone out of my hand. Previously in attendance before their premature departure were 2 Policemen and 2 ladies from Ivybridge Anti-Domestic Violence Community Support Team who’d been invited by Hounslow Council to partake.
The silence from the Panel  witnessing this misogynistic assault & blatant disregard against public participation  speaks volumes and most disturbing when there had been female Cllrs on the Panel, one a former Mayor; Cllr Sue Sampson the other a vocal campaigner  of Womens Rights and Cycling advocate Cllr Katherine  Dunne.
Cllr Tony Louki had possibly felt emboldened to attack me as the Policemen and Ivybridge  Womens support group against Domestic Violence  had left, and considered his actions would be acceptable  by the Labour Councillors present. It was very intimidating not only to myself but also to the other women present in the public gallery and risks deterring their Democratic right to participation.
My  question to the panel was to ask whether the Council was aware of the higher incidents of injuries and death  in Holland of cyclists and that rolling out a “Mini- Holland “ in Hounslow would invariably lead to higher incidents of Death and Injuries to Cyclists, particularly Children. Clearly it had struck a nerve.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 14/02/22 11:28:00 Philippa Auton
   Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 14/02/22 18:44:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 15/02/22 09:30:00 Simon Hayes
   Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 14/02/22 20:31:00 Anne England
      Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 15/02/22 09:29:00 Raymond Havelock
         Re:Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 15/02/22 12:53:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 01/03/22 15:09:00 Philippa Bond
   Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 15/02/22 15:29:00 Tracie Dudley Craig
      Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 16/02/22 09:10:00 Raymond Havelock
         Re:Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 20/02/22 22:11:00 Philippa Bond

Forum Home