Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process
Posted by: Raymond Havelock
Date/Time: 15/02/22 09:29:00

The question is pertinent and is based on sound evidence, and there are big issues with riding powered devices on pavements that is simply being ignored.

Cllr Louki is a very good councillor, not afraid to stand up to bullying and the party  line. But he does have his own brand of humour often very funny but often rather intimidating to those not used to it.

The same cannot be said of others present who have ambition and devoid of anything other than their own agendas.

On the Cycling front. I cycled to school in the late 1970s. There were far more cars then locally and far more lorries as it was still very industrial. And far more polluted.  There were no preferences for cyclists, not dedicated anything.

But Cycling Proficiency test was mandatory and if you went to an ILEA school as my sister did, You also had to have a GLC Cycling licence.

It's far safer if you use the roads properly and with full road sense. But when one see's parents with clearly no road sense, barely able to ride one handed themselves, teaching their kids to ride as badly as they do it sends shivers through me.

I'm more scared of other riders than I am of 40 odd years riding on roads.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 14/02/22 11:28:00 Philippa Auton
   Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 14/02/22 18:44:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 15/02/22 09:30:00 Simon Hayes
   Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 14/02/22 20:31:00 Anne England
      Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 15/02/22 09:29:00 Raymond Havelock
         Re:Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 15/02/22 12:53:00 Philippa Bond
      Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 01/03/22 15:09:00 Philippa Bond
   Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 15/02/22 15:29:00 Tracie Dudley Craig
      Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 16/02/22 09:10:00 Raymond Havelock
         Re:Re:Re:Hounslow Cllrs Misogyny & Blatant disregard of our Democratic process 20/02/22 22:11:00 Philippa Bond

Forum Home