Forum Message

Topic: Regarding Dial a Ride if you’re interested
Posted by: Patricia Feeney
Date/Time: 13/07/24 14:01:00

Please remember this service is for people who cannot use public transport and do not have their own vehicle, and that the drivers of the buses are not volunteers.

My solutions for Dial-a-Ride would be to start they must be better funded, they need the app to be clearer when bookings are confirmed, they need to speed up the recruitment process, they need a bank of drivers that they can draw on when there are staff shortages, they need to prioritise certain types of bookings, particularly those going to medical facilities, if this needs other types of bookings to be rearranged, so be it, another possibility could be to return to one passenger journeys most of the time, I know this sounds strange but it will speed up the process and enable them to take more bookings, I don’t have a problem sharing the bus with other passengers if their Collection point or destination is the same as mine or is on the way to mine or vice versa but that isn’t always the case.

The backup system for Dial-a-Ride Is Taxicard However, They either don’t turn up or turn up late most of the time. I’ve missed Doctors appointments and was left for more than one hour in the street two weeks ago, they didn’t turn up due to a lack of availability. this is not unusual and happens regularly to me, just think about it, how long would you wait for a cab? Would you wait more than an hour? Even if it was a very cheap service? I think not!

I have concluded that the simplest solution would be to give the contract for Taxicard to Uber. A more complicated solution is to give people who are members of the Taxicard scheme digital taxi vouchers, like a preloaded debit card and make all taxi companies and taxi drivers take them. that way, if one company can’t fulfil your booking someone else can. And you might be able to hail a taxi in the street sometimes as well as use a cab service.

I’ve had to delete most of what I’ve written because it was far too much. So this is just the basics. And it still seems too much!

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Regarding Dial a Ride if you’re interested13/07/24 14:01:00 Patricia Feeney
   Re:Regarding Dial a Ride if you’re interested13/07/24 18:19:00 Jim Lawes
      Re:Re:Regarding Dial a Ride if you’re interested13/07/24 20:54:00 Patricia Feeney
   Re:Regarding Dial a Ride if you’re interested03/09/24 22:43:00 Bill

Forum Home