Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:LBH - I am now definitely not paying my council tax!
Posted by: Ian Wingfield
Date/Time: 11/10/16 20:03:00

The garden waste collection has been terrible, it's turning me into a grumpy man! Social media is often the only way to get your voice heard so I thought I would share my experience...

LBH: Thank you for submitting a "Missed bin collection" form at www.hounslow.gov.uk on 09.08.2016 at 23:18. Your missed collection will be cleared by 5.30pm on the next working day.

Me:  11 August 2016 18:41 “The bin has still not been collected. Please action or arrange compensation as this is a paid for service.”

LBH: 12 August 2016 13:50 “Thank you for your Email. The reference provided isn’t working and I can’t bring up the reported missed collection.  In order for me to look into this for you could you please provide me with your full address?”

Me:  Addressed supplied.

Me: 22 August 2016 12:23 “Nearly two weeks have now passed since I reported the missed collection, hopefully it will be collected on the next scheduled date.

Can you advise on Hounslow's policy for compensation?  Each collection works out around £2, so does the Council refund this or just take the money and not provide the service?  As a 'customer' the experience of reporting a missed collection is very poor.

I suggest the automatic email stating the collection will be cleared the next day be changed.  The Council need to manage expectations and not state unrealistic targets that leave people frustrated.

This has been a significance issue for myself and neighbour who shares the bin.

LBH:  Aug 23, 2016 “I can confirm the crew are looking into missed collections of Garden Waste on linkfield road which was missed due to no access into the road.”

Me: 25 August 2016 “I believe the road was closed week beginning 15th August, which shouldn't have affected the garden waste collection. All other collections have been fine.”

Me: 2/9/16 Please note the garden recycling now has not been collected in the whole of August. Two collections missed, please can you provide an update.

LBH: 06 September 2016 “Thank you for submitting a "Missed bin collection" form at www.hounslow.gov.uk on 06.09.2016”

Me: 6/9/2016 “Our garden bin was not collected on 9th, 23rd August or 6th September.  This is now becoming quite frustrating and distressing.  Please can you address this as a matter of urgency, as to date I have not received an explanation, suitable apology or compensation.

I aim to recycle as much waste as I can but the service we are receiving is making this increasingly difficult.

LBH: 07 September 2016 “I can confirm that the missed collections have occurred as your address wasn’t on our list to receive the fortnightly collections which I have now rectified and placed your address onto that list. I have also placed your address onto the excess list and the crew will pick up 2 excess sacks on the next collection day as well as the bin.”

Me: 7/9/16 Thank you, It would have been helpful to pick this up earlier, although I was receiving the service ok from May to July.

I’m now wondering why the collections have worked from May – July ok?  Did they think I bought a brown bin independently in order to fool the system? The bin was collected on 20/9/16

LBH: 4/10/16 “Thank you for submitting a "Missed bin collection" form at www.hounslow.gov.uk on 04.10.2016 at 17:50:30”

Me: 11/10/2016 Still not collected.  Here we go again…..

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
LBH - I am now definitely not paying my council tax!03/10/16 11:06:00 Julie Evans
   Re:LBH - I am now definitely not paying my council tax!03/10/16 11:35:00 Susan Kelly
      Re:Re:LBH - I am now definitely not paying my council tax!03/10/16 12:13:00 Vanessa Smith
         Re:Re:Re:LBH - I am now definitely not paying my council tax!03/10/16 13:32:00 Pat Kingham
            Re:Re:Re:Re:LBH - I am now definitely not paying my council tax!03/10/16 13:56:00 Guy Lambert
   Re:LBH - I am now definitely not paying my council tax!04/10/16 17:22:00 Bradley Fisher
      Re:Re:LBH - I am now definitely not paying my council tax!04/10/16 19:42:00 Sarah Felstead
   Re:LBH - I am now definitely not paying my council tax!04/10/16 23:13:00 Bradley Fisher
      Re:Re:LBH - I am now definitely not paying my council tax!11/10/16 20:03:00 Ian Wingfield

Forum Home