Forum Message

Topic: Re:Science and trruth a thorn in the side of policy and vested intrest
Posted by: Philip Walsh
Date/Time: 05/11/09 14:41:00

Mick you are right about the self interest of the state and all that sale upon the good ship criminalisation, but wrong to say I do not recognise the risks to society through drug use. I just have a differing perception of reality in their relative scope for harm.
As for the way forward; I was told as a nine year old not to talk about what we did at home as the government had branded us a criminal family overnight. This was 1968 since then three generations of my family have been subjected to police raids at our home. Has it changed or stopped any one enjoying cannabis no! but it has criminalised 7 of 11 members of my immediate family! Criminalisation has never worked it only pushes up costs, increases contaminates (hence deaths). Makes the criminals more money whilst surreptitiously building the instruments of the state, ie police, the court system and prisons, at the expense of the sick (Junkies), the poor and uneducated (those most likely to use drugs).

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Science and trruth a thorn in the side of policy and vested intrest04/11/09 13:43:00 Philip Walsh
   Re:Science and truth a thorn in the side of policy and vested intrest04/11/09 13:46:00 Philip Walsh
      Re:Re:Science and truth a thorn in the side of policy and vested intrest04/11/09 15:42:00 Mick Brent
         Re:Re:Re:Science and truth a thorn in the side of policy and vested intrest04/11/09 17:43:00 Vanessa Smith
   Re:Science and trruth a thorn in the side of policy and vested intrest05/11/09 14:41:00 Philip Walsh

Forum Home