Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Thin end of that wedge..........
Posted by: Vanessa Smith
Date/Time: 07/08/20 12:48:00

What winds me up is the fact that wherever you go there are empty - sometimes abandoned properties to be seen, not all council owned. I must have been banging on and on about Hounslow council letting some of their properties stand empty for over two years now. I have raised this at Cabinet Question Times, e-mails, Forums and still it goes on. How can we justify wholesale building until all these types of properties are brought back into use? I note that this brave new world envisaged by Johnson and his cronies, was not in their last Manifesto, and sneaked out when Parliament is on its long break, how very democratic. They are in thrall to their wealthy property tycoon donors, and if I could wish for one thing it would be to ban the use of the term 'affordable housing' which is totally misleading. Already people are living in sub standard ex office blocks due to the appalling lack of socially rented homes being built. This latest crackpot thinking will not improve matters for ordinary people, once again those who can afford it will dictate to the rest of us what they think we should be allowed to have, whilst counting their ever increasing profits and bigger donations to Johnson's crew, as 'Private Eye' would say - triples all round!

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Thin end of that wedge..........06/08/20 14:02:00 Vanessa Smith
   Re:Thin end of that wedge..........06/08/20 15:43:00 Raymond Havelock
   Re:Thin end of that wedge..........06/08/20 16:40:00 Adam Beamish
      Re:Re:Thin end of that wedge..........06/08/20 16:49:00 Adam Beamish
         Re:Re:Re:Thin end of that wedge..........06/08/20 17:07:00 Vanessa Smith
      Re:Re:Thin end of that wedge..........06/08/20 21:39:00 Jim Storrar
         Re:Re:Re:Thin end of that wedge..........07/08/20 11:27:00 Adam Beamish
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Thin end of that wedge..........07/08/20 12:48:00 Vanessa Smith

Forum Home