Forum Message

Topic: Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond
Posted by: Tracie Dudley Craig
Date/Time: 12/09/19 18:21:00

My husband was ripped off today by a man offering to take away our garden waste. (I know, I know...)

I returned home at about 2.00pm from a meeting in central London to find a man wearing a yellow hi-vis jacket in our front garden, loading bags onto the pavement, presumably for collection. My husband went to a local ATM to withdraw cash, which he gave to the man in return for a business card - Tommy's Gardening Services 07388 268 450.

I called a number of times and was reassured that they were coming back - of course, they never showed up. The number is now going straight to answerphone. (Of course, we put the bags back into the front garden, as they were causing an obstruction on the pavement. We also swept up the dead leaves and mess.)

I have reported it to the police (they won't be interested) and our neighbours have the man filmed on CCTV. He'd been trying to get a response from an elderly neighbour who had been badly ripped-off some months ago. I'm very glad to report they didn't succeed with her.

I know it's the oldest trick in the book and - had I been at home - I'd have no compunction in telling them where to go. Sadly, my husband is a much nicer, more trusting human being.

Please, please, please tell all cold-callers to sling their hook. My husband was only ripped-off to the tune of £50, but I still want to find them and cause them actual bodily harm. See, I told you I wasn't nice.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond12/09/19 18:21:00 Tracie Dudley Craig
   Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond12/09/19 18:39:00 Tracie Dudley Craig
   Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond12/09/19 20:10:00 Tracie Dudley Craig
   Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond12/09/19 23:22:00 Sarah Felstead
      Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond12/09/19 23:49:00 Tracie Dudley Craig
         Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond15/09/19 14:07:00 Philippa Bond
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond15/09/19 15:16:00 Tracie Dudley Craig
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond15/09/19 23:39:00 Philippa Bond
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond16/09/19 22:26:00 Christopher Gillie
         Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond20/09/19 16:06:00 Sally Malit
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond22/09/19 13:51:00 Tracie Dudley Craig
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond22/09/19 15:56:00 N V Brooks
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond22/09/19 17:18:00 Tracie Dudley Craig
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond22/09/19 19:55:00 N V Brooks
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond23/09/19 01:26:00 Philippa Bond
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Scammers - 'Tommy's Gardening Services' - Brook Road South and possibly beyond23/09/19 09:12:00 N V Brooks

Forum Home