Forum Message

Topic: Update on Brentford's remodeling
Posted by: Lisa Deegan
Date/Time: 21/01/19 15:50:00

Hey Guys - Does anyone have an update on whats occurring in Brentford across all the various projects that are going on at the moment? The Brentford Today/Brentford TV Facebook group seems to be the only place where everything that matters in terms of the "regeneration" is being posted but unfortunately it feels a bit "National Inquirer"styIe as opposed to concrete official updates. Is there one central place where we can find out a complete summary of what is going on in terms of:

- Morrisons and
- Brentford High street now that we are without a post office
- The Waterman Arts Centre and when its moving
- The Old police station and its development
- Where there are building works going on, are Historic England involved to preserve this historic location

One would imagine this website would be the place to summarise all of these and other developments that are occurring. There are lots of rumours and stories going round... I even heard today that they are sizing up St. Paul's recreation park for potential development. I feel incredibly sad that our town, one I have lived in for 20 years now - is literally being demolished with no real joined up plan to make it a special place to live despite the money that has been generated from all of the land sold off and supposed investment in the area. I hear Hounslow High Street is being developed and they have a plan... where's ours?

I see Mr Curran has a session on 24th Jan to discuss the population explosion and appealing to us to provide answers to questions that we asked him directly two years ago when the Morrisons and various other sites were being sold off to greedy developers...

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Update on Brentford's remodeling 21/01/19 15:50:00 Lisa Deegan
   Re:Update on Brentford's remodeling 21/01/19 16:35:00 Guy Lambert
      Re:Re:Update on Brentford's remodeling 21/01/19 17:04:00 Lisa Deegan
         Re:Re:Re:Update on Brentford's remodeling 21/01/19 17:35:00 Jennifer Selig
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Update on Brentford's remodeling 21/01/19 18:09:00 Guy Lambert
               Update on Brentford's remodeling 23/01/19 07:31:00 Jane Martin
      Re:Re:Update on Brentford's remodeling 21/01/19 22:28:00 Anne England
         Re:Re:Re:Update on Brentford's remodeling 23/01/19 12:23:00 Anne England
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Update on Brentford's remodeling 24/01/19 14:27:00 Guy Lambert
   Re:Update on Brentford's remodeling 26/01/19 16:42:00 David Sheriton
      Re:Re:Update on Brentford's remodeling 26/01/19 21:06:00 Guy Lambert
      Re:Re:Update on Brentford's remodeling 28/01/19 14:36:00 Guy Lambert

Forum Home