Forum Message

Topic: Beware of some of our local bus drivers!
Posted by: Jim Lawes
Date/Time: 14/09/24 23:34:00

One can understand that sometimes, , frail old folk might fall onto the pavement when getting off a bus
BUT landing on the pavement when you're getting ONTO a bus is a joke too far!

It happened to me last Thursday at 7.50pm at the westbound bus-stop (SS) outside the Tanning Shop.

Two able bodied people got on first
and I followed with my walking stick and shopping trolley. I had one foot on the bus and my right hand on the opened door handle. I was lifting my left leg to the platform, and my trolley ... when the driver chose to close the entrance door.

I was thrown off the bus and handed on my back, side and right arm on the pavement. I was stunned for several minutes and in shock.

A member of the public asked if they should call an ambulance. I said no ... which was wrong of me. A Philipino couple dressed my wounds to stop the bleeding and several helped me get on the bus again ... at the second attempt.

The driver didn't really apologise.
In my daze I didn't know if I was on
a 237 or 267. Later that evening a gentleman told me that the same thing had happened to his elderly mother.
I'm just recovering from the shock.
If an ambulance had been called and a Report made...the driver would have been "quizzed" by his employer.

My advice is, when getting on a bus ... make sure the drivers sees
you before you jump on board ...
especially if you're semi fragile!

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Beware of some of our local bus drivers!14/09/24 23:34:00 Jim Lawes
   Re:Beware of some of our local bus drivers!14/09/24 23:38:00 Jim Lawes
   Re:Beware of some of our local bus drivers!15/09/24 08:42:00 Susan Kelly
      Re:Re:Beware of some of our local bus drivers!15/09/24 11:36:00 Jim Lawes
         Re:Re:Re:Beware of some of our local bus drivers!15/09/24 16:23:00 Sarah Felstead
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Beware of some of our local bus drivers!15/09/24 17:10:00 Bradley Taylor
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Beware of some of our local bus drivers!16/09/24 03:37:00 Audrey Walton
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Beware of some of our local bus drivers!16/09/24 20:11:00 Eric Baker

Forum Home