Forum Message

Topic: Re:APCOA Takes Over Local Boroughs' Litter Patrols
Posted by: Guy Lambert
Date/Time: 08/07/24 16:38:00

I don't know much but I believe they are taking over the previous contract delivered by Kingdom. That was never my responsibility and I never thought they were much use, except pursuing people dropping fag ends near stations. In fact the only case work I had with them was someone who has never smoked in her life being penalised for dropping a fag end opposite McDonalds. We got that dropped and I believe the operator involved was to seek new employment.

I just had an email from the officer who leads on management of Hounslow Highways:
"The Council have also just entered into a new street based enforcement contract with APCOA (replacing Kingdom/Local Authority Support) who not only will continue for litter related enforcement in our town centres and near transport hubs, they will also, in evenings and weekends, carry out fly tipping investigations themselves." We also have a somewhat reinforced Special Waste Service team but I think we should have more of these - we know they are effective.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
APCOA Takes Over Local Boroughs' Litter Patrols08/07/24 14:04:00 Andy Herrick
   Re:APCOA Takes Over Local Boroughs' Litter Patrols08/07/24 16:38:00 Guy Lambert
      Re:Re:APCOA Takes Over Local Boroughs' Litter Patrols10/07/24 07:01:00 Andy Herrick
         Re:Re:Re:APCOA Takes Over Local Boroughs' Litter Patrols11/07/24 18:48:00 Jeremy Parkinson
            Re:Re:Re:Re:APCOA Takes Over Local Boroughs' Litter Patrols11/07/24 19:49:00 Ben Halloren
         Re:Re:Re:APCOA Takes Over Local Boroughs' Litter Patrols12/07/24 09:08:00 Guy Lambert
      Re:Re:APCOA Takes Over Local Boroughs' Litter Patrols12/07/24 16:10:00 Vanessa Smith

Forum Home