Forum Message

Topic: St Paul's Rec - Kids' Playground
Forum Home
Posted by: Jeremy Probert
Date/Time: 28/03/11 10:07:00

Congratulations and thanks to Hounslow Council (and everyone involved in getting it done) on the new, shiny, much improved kids' play area in St Paul's Rec. Great job. I believe it was actually opened for business on Friday.

Bit of a shame, then, that by the time I arrived on Saturday morning, the local pond life had already had their first party in it - leaving behind their fag packets, drinks bottles and cans, McD's wrappers and general detritus. OK, so there weren't any used condoms or needles (none that I found, anyway), but still - nothing more depressing than the sight of a small child running through piles of litter.

And I'm not going to blame the pond life, but one of the little kids' climb-one springy things had been broken away from its mounting, leaving exposed screws. (Again, big up to the council - I 'phoned them there and then and the following day, while it wasn't exactly mended, the sharp screws had been removed. I presume it was the council.)

Anyway, I picked up some of the litter and put it in the bins. I wish the litter's owners would do the same. Actually, I wish I could pick up the litter's owners and put them in the bins.

Still, great playground - wonder how long it will last.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
St Paul's Rec - Kids' Playground28/03/11 10:07:00 Jeremy Probert
   Re:St Paul's Rec - Kids' Playground28/03/11 10:58:00 Sharon Allen
      Re:Re:St Paul's Rec - Kids' Playground28/03/11 12:45:00 Anthony Waller
      Re:Re:St Paul's Rec - Kids' Playground28/03/11 12:45:00 Anthony Waller
   Re:St Paul's Rec - Kids' Playground28/03/11 14:27:00 David Squire

Forum Home