Forum Message

Topic: Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-(
Posted by: Tony Griffiths
Date/Time: 02/05/17 22:02:00

Hi Brentfordians -

Last week the new Shepherd's Bush Housing / Bugler development of flats at the end of York Rd (what used to be the New Inn pub) built over what was a dropped kerb - which formed part of the turning circle at the end of the street.

This is very annoying and means we can't turn cars around easily / safely any more in what is a fairly long / narrow + increasingly congested cul-de-sac.  It won't just affect residents - but also visitors (deliveries, post, milk, bins etc) and emergency services wanting to get in + out of the street.

I tried to see if this was within Shepherd's Bush Housing Planning Application / Consent (Planning Ref. 01244/AB/P10)- and from all that I can read online in the Hounslow planning files, it doesn't seem to be.  The Planning drawings all show the dropped kerb intact and not modified, and as far as I can recall/tell there was no neighbour consultation on this change from Planning drawing details.

So I am wondering if this might be an 'illegal' development / infringement, and if there might be any grounds / avenue to have it restored..

I've tried tweeting Hounslow / Shepherd's Bush / Bugler for a response - but nothing.  Have just logged a 'Planning infringement' thing with Hounslow in the hope they are obliged to formally respond.

If anyone's got any better advice on how to check the official status / legality of this, or even speak directly to planning folks, I'd be interested to hear.

Many thanks, Tony (York Rd)

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 02/05/17 22:02:00 Tony Griffiths
   Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 02/05/17 22:06:00 Tony Griffiths
      Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 02/05/17 22:21:00 Guy Lambert
         Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 03/05/17 07:05:00 Tony Griffiths
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 03/05/17 10:43:00 Adam Beamish
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 03/05/17 16:52:00 Bernard Allen
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 03/05/17 18:08:00 Adam Beamish
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 05/08/20 12:58:00 Peter Evans
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 05/08/20 13:05:00 Vanessa Smith
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 05/08/20 18:45:00 Jennifer Selig
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 05/08/20 21:04:00 Adam Beamish
                              Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 06/08/20 08:33:00 Vanessa Smith
                                 Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 06/08/20 09:36:00 Raymond Havelock
                                    Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 06/08/20 10:20:00 Adam Beamish
                                       Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Building over dropped kerb at end of York Rd :-( 06/08/20 12:52:00 Vanessa Smith

Forum Home