Code of Conduct
As part of our commitment to making this site a great place to meet and interact with others around our area, you must agree to abide by our Code of Conduct. Your commitment to this Code of Conduct in the forum and electronic mail postings ensures a positive experience for all our members.
- This site encourages everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use the Forum to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others participating in the Forum. Refrain from all expressions of bigotry, racism, hatred, or obscenity.
- The Administrators of this Forum may eject or ban users, as well as remove postings, that in their opinion, violate this Code of Conduct. Serious violations are forwarded to the police and the offending user's ISP.
- If you show disrespect to others please don't complain when they respond in kind. This Code is here to protect those that adhere to it. If you become involved in an abusive exchange with another user do not expect the moderators to take action on your behalf.
Keep it Legal
- You cannot use the Forum to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or information.
- Do not post messages that contain photos, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. This site is not responsible for any use of anything you say or post.
- Do not post any materials (including software and other information) that could harm (or is designed to harm) other users' computers or would allow others to inappropriately access software or Web sites.
- Avoid disruptive activity online, such as persistent off-topic comments and postings or statements that incite others to violate this Code of Conduct or participate in illegal activities. Our participants want to post on this site in a positive environment.
- Falsely impersonating a site employee, agent, manager, host, or any other person with the intent to mislead or cause harm to others is forbidden.
- Please don't "spam" through the Forum; none of our users like it. To spam includes sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different topics in the Forum. Usually such postings have nothing to do with local issues. To spam also includes misrepresenting the source of anything you say or post. Spamming is a serious violation of online etiquette.
- This site reserves the right to ban a member at any time, without notice, from this site for spamming.
- This is not a chat-site. If you want to communicate with another site member on an off-topic matter they can be contacted directly by clicking on their name in the forum.
Business use of the forum
- This site is funded by sponsorship from local businesses. We can offer exceptionally cost effective advertising solutions for you to reach customers in the local area.
- We ask businesses not to use the forum to advertise.
- If you would like to recommend a local business, they are likely to prefer you to use the Services Directory Feedback mechanism rather than the forum. Repeated recommendation of the same business on the forum is not allowed.
- We offer free Classified Ads to all registered users. This is a more appropriate place for you to sell things privately and some forum users are annoyed by private selling on the forum. Persistent placing of small ads on the forum may lead to their removal and ultimately suspension of the user’s account.
Take Responsibility - Use Your Real Name
- Unlike many other forums you are expected to use you real name. Use of "handles" or nicknames is not allowed. You should supply your full name as requested on registration. Postings made in pseudonyms will be removed as will any replies to those postings.
- You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating in the Forum. Remember, you are responsible for anything you say or post.
- Members may post Internet website links in the Forum. Please be advised that this site is not responsible for the content on the web sites associated with the links you may view.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through the Forum, remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions with anyone is your own and you should conduct your own research prior to making any decisions.
- You may post on behalf of an organisation in their name only if you are duly authorised by that organisation to do so.
Uphold the Code
- In helping to make the Forum a great place to meet, you must do your part to uphold this Code of Conduct.
- this site reserves the right to immediately terminate or suspend access to the Forum for violations of our Code of Conduct.
- this site also reserves our right to amend or change the Code of Conduct at any time without notice. You agree to periodically review this document to ensure you are doing your part.
Protect your Privacy
- We caution you against giving out personally identifiable information (such as credit card numbers, addresses, driving license numbers) to strangers online, which may be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
- Remember that when using this forum on a computer outside of your home such as an internet cafe some of your details may be stored on that computer. If in doubt do not log into a computer to which other people have access.
- Some personal information you provide to this site may be stored outside of the country in which you reside.
- Please contact us if you feel that any thing inappropriate has been reported on the forum. Although moderators try to read as many posts as possible we rely on users keeping us informed of potential abuse. All reports should be sent to email@example.com
- Make sure to give the date and time of the post in your report with reference to the specific section which you feel breaches the Code of Conduct.
- Provided that you have adhered to our code of conduct we will remove any post that you feel does not meet the criteria of 'mutual respect' with any personal reference to yourself.
- Do not respond to any post you consider to be abusive. If you do respond it is unlikely that a later time we will be able to remove the post.
- If you feel a third party has been subject to a disrespectful comment on the forum please let us know but also notify them. In some cases a person may not wish a post to be removed as they feel it reflects badly on the poster not them.
- All reports of abuse are logged and action is taken as soon as possible. Your report will be acknowledged but please be aware that for legal reasons we may not be able to detail action that has been taken
- We are not a dispute resolution service. If you become involved in an abusive exchange with another forum participant do not complain to us about anything they may have said about you. Once you breach this code yourself do not expect to be protected by it.
- If you are considering legal action against Neighbour Net Ltd. because of a posting that has appeared on the forum send a letter by registered post to Neighbour Net Ltd. The Courtyard, 4 Evelyn Road, Chiswick, W4 5JL to notify us. If a legal issue has been raised we will not reply to any e-mail sent to us on the matter.
Frequently asked questions about forum moderation
Thanks for following this Code of Conduct and for using the Forum!