Forum Message

Topic: Telling it like it is?
Forum Home
Posted by: Vanessa Smith
Date/Time: 19/07/12 09:45:00

I just loved this from today's Mirror: Hunt for Brains

Brian Reade says that a well known writer made one of the most withering and damning assessments of a politician. This person had several meetings with Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt and said "He is without doubt the thickest man in a suit that I've ever had a conversation with. There is nothing going on behind the eyes. It's like trying to get through to a mollusc in a coma"

Brian Reade goes on to say that having seen Mr. Hunt on TV this week defending the G4S shambles he now understands what the man meant. "Eyes darting, throat gulping, brow sweating, with nothing coming out of his mouth but soundbites and mealy mouthed excuses. This was a man who hid behind a tree outside a hall where James Murdoch was giving a speech for fear the Press might spot him. A man with a 13 year old's gravitas (and haircut) who has done little of note other than tread water in management consultancy and PR, and support his Oxford chum David Cameron when he stood for Tory leader. Hence the career payback.  Hunt is the classic example of why most people feel their lives are run by a talentless, self-promoting, elite who are incapable of sorting out the crooks who flourish in the moral vacuum their incompetence creates.
And why they are spot on."

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Telling it like it is?19/07/12 09:45:00 Vanessa Smith
   Re:Telling it like it is?19/07/12 12:22:00 George Knox
      Re:Re:Telling it like it is?19/07/12 12:57:00 George Knox
         Re:Re:Re:Telling it like it is?19/07/12 13:11:00 Vanessa Smith

Forum Home