Forum Message

Topic: News
Posted by: Vanessa Smith
Date/Time: 10/05/22 09:44:00

From Brentford TV Debate not Hate:

NEW LEADER THANKS STEVE CURRAN. "I am honoured and humbled the Labour Group has elected me as their new leader and I am very grateful for the support of my colleagues." – Cllr Shantanu Rajawat last night (Monday).
Cllr Rajawat added: "I want to thank Steve Curran, our outgoing leader, for all his hard work and fantastic achievements over the last eight years. Under his last administration, in which I proudly served, we built over 1,000 council homes, were independently recognised as having the best roads and among the best parks in London, and we won Council of the Year.
"I am committed to building on the best work of the last administration, working to tackle climate change and air pollution, improve our estates and communities, and build social housing.
"But I also want us to forge out in new directions to build an even better borough. Fundamentally, residents and businesses want a listening Council. I want to work across the borough for cleaner streets and more opportunities for young people in Hounslow.
"I want to give local people every chance for their voices to be heard on local decisions so that everyone in Hounslow, from Chiswick to Cranford has a seat at the table. I want us to be transparent in our ambitions for the borough and how we will go about realising them. Ours will be a borough for all our residents and ours will be an administration that is always on their side."
Katherine Dunne was elected Deputy Leader.

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
News10/05/22 09:44:00 Vanessa Smith
   Re:News17/05/22 20:18:00 Steve Taylor
      Re:Re:News23/05/22 12:56:00 David Squire
         Re:Re:Re:News24/05/22 10:52:00 Vanessa Smith

Forum Home