Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Nigel Moore (Brentford canal boat champion) RIP
Posted by: Guy Lambert
Date/Time: 26/09/21 21:15:00

I net Nigel only once - about the ill-fated pontoon near Kew Bridge, which he was hoping to save. He was looking for support from the boating community to keep it and adapt it as a short term mooring, of which there are precious few on the tidal Thames apparently. When I spoke to him a few weeks after he was disappointed that he was unable to generate any support from boaters and therefore was not progressing any campaign.
I was very happy to meet him and found him robust in his opinions, knowledgeable and friendly. In short, I both liked and respected him.
Very sorry to hear of his passing.
I believe that path is a cul de sac and is owned by the canal boat residents adjacent. I visited it a couple of times with their representatives, trying to broker some dialogue with Ballymore, which I believe took place and with which I think they were satisfied.
Unless I've misunderstood, the whole river/canalside between  Heidelberg and the bridge to Brentford Dock will be opened up eventually by Ballymore

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Nigel Moore (Brentford canal boat champion) RIP19/09/21 21:01:00 Jim Lawes
   Re:Nigel Moore (Brentford canal boat champion) RIP20/09/21 16:52:00 Audrey Walton
      Re:Re:Nigel Moore (Brentford canal boat champion) RIP20/09/21 21:37:00 Phil Andrews
         Re:Re:Re:Nigel Moore (Brentford canal boat champion) RIP20/09/21 22:55:00 Anne England
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Nigel Moore (Brentford canal boat champion) RIP22/09/21 17:15:00 Jim Lawes
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Nigel Moore (Brentford canal boat champion) RIP26/09/21 21:15:00 Guy Lambert
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Nigel Moore (Brentford canal boat champion) RIP01/10/21 22:51:00 Brian Daniel

Forum Home