Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts
Posted by: Raymond Havelock
Date/Time: 10/08/20 10:38:00

I had a read alfa romeo driver head right for me deliberately on the A4 Roundabout of sorts at Ealing road yesterday. I ride very diligently and clearly signalled and was in the correct road position. But the rules do indicate that one give way to the right.  So in effect the Alfa did have the right of way. But. I was already more than halfway across the junction and this car came round too fast and was not signalling.
The drivers behaviour was not any better than that of other cyclists but was the first time in a very long time that I've encountered a  ***@^% like that driving deliberate to intimidate.

That said the biggest problem at that junction for many years is the lack of all road users clearly signalling and correctly signalling.

All road users of every type have got more and more sloppy over using signals at this auction And at Windmill road and that makes it more dangerous.

I've long wanted to see a simple improvement. A couple of large signs on the M4 support pillar in the middle of this junction with a simple clear message
              ALL ROAD USERS - PLEASE SIGNAL CLEARLY.

Bus drivers in the days of Conductors used to perform a very clear method of 2 stage signalling here but even buses barely bother now.

If adverts can be erected here thens surely a few clear road safety signs cannot be beyond achievement.

Other problem is a short piece of Ealing road right by the junction on the South Side missing it's road markings. Large vehicles and van have been parking there making it hazardous for buses and cyclists as well as causing delays. It's been like this for months now.

So if authorities can close off roads for ideology reasons, why can actual real safety issues continue to go unattended to?

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Dutch Style Rounabouts08/08/20 05:57:00 Nicholas Beard
   Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts08/08/20 08:53:00 Raymond Havelock
      Re:Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts08/08/20 16:42:00 Nicholas Beard
         Re:Re:Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts08/08/20 16:46:00 Vanessa Smith
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts08/08/20 17:43:00 Alison Robins
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts10/08/20 09:18:00 Vanessa Smith
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts10/08/20 10:38:00 Raymond Havelock
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts10/08/20 10:40:00 Raymond Havelock
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts10/08/20 17:44:00 Alison Robins
   Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts11/08/20 00:42:00 Michael Robinson
      Re:Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts11/08/20 10:26:00 Raymond Havelock
         Re:Re:Re:Dutch Style Rounabouts11/08/20 18:12:00 Nicholas Beard

Forum Home