Forum Message

Topic: Re:Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms
Posted by: Peter Brew
Date/Time: 06/09/18 12:29:00

Hi there,

You may remember I posted last year regarding our application for the lease on The Albany Arms.
Well, fast forward to now and we are right in the midst of getting the pub refurbished and really excited about
getting open and becoming one of Brentford's hidden gems.

We fully understand and have empathy for all of those who witnessed and had to tolerate the pub in its “dark days”, and of course the last thing we would want is it to revert to the same establishment…This categorically isn’t going to happen.

I believe  I made my point fairly clear  in the posts I submitted last year to this forum but I would reiterate again that we as a business and an independent company wanting to grow, will not allow any custom to jeopardize our business and for that matter cause any anguish to local residents.

Our pubs offer will not attract “those sorts” of people and we will be vigilant from day one in stamping out any negative custom.

We will be focusing on food just as much as our drinks selection and both will again not attract the custom you speak of.

Of course, a pub is a pub, and there are always going to be those who just don’t want a pub on their street because they prefer it that way, for whatever reason. I can understand that, but I would add that for a pub which has been in operation for over 100 years, it at least deserves a chance to reinvent itself and become an asset to the community.

It would also be sad for us, being both a new small business and three enthusiastic hospitality professionals starting their first financial venture to be tarnished and pre judged before we even get open. It serves only the purpose of ruining our chances to make a mark on the area and bring something new and exciting to the Brentford community.

I would add that we have had some amazingly positive responses from most locals and hope that this continues to be the norm. We need the good locals of Brentford to get behind and support us in this transformation.

Perhaps it would be a good idea  if there are any questions you have regarding our new pub venture, please  get in touch through the email below and maybe we can catch up for a cuppa here at the pub before opening so you can meet us and see what we are about. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised by what you find.

Thank you and hope to see you all down here when we open.

Peter Brew/Ash Zobell/James Brew
The Black Dog Beer House
blackdogbeerhouse@gmail.com

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Albany Arms06/07/18 17:41:00 Sarah Walker
   Re:Albany Arms07/07/18 16:09:00 Pat Kingham
      Re:Re:Albany Arms05/09/18 16:59:00 Reg Ghosh
         Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms05/09/18 18:28:00 Gary Padbury
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms05/09/18 19:56:00 Neil Chippendale
         Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms05/09/18 21:14:00 Paul Brownlee
            Re:Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms06/09/18 12:29:00 Peter Brew
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms06/09/18 21:13:00 Anne England
               Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms07/09/18 10:49:00 Neil Chippendale
                  Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms11/09/18 11:45:00 Michael Houghton
                     Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms11/09/18 12:18:00 Paul Scullion
                        Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms14/09/18 13:31:00 Gary Padbury
                           Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms18/09/18 20:30:00 Cherry Baker
                              Albany Arms03/10/18 20:40:00 Reg Ghosh
                                 Re:Albany Arms04/10/18 10:36:00 Paul Scullion
                                    Re:Re:Albany Arms05/10/18 09:13:00 David Squire
                                       Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms11/10/18 16:59:00 David Squire
                                          Re:Re:Re:Re:Albany Arms14/10/18 12:54:00 Neil Chippendale

Forum Home