Forum Message

Topic: Yulin Dog Meat Festival
Posted by: Sarah Antoinette
Date/Time: 21/06/18 04:20:00

I'm an author from Brentford and one thing I love about this small town is the fact it's filled with dog lovers. St Paul's is always filled with friendly dog owners and their hounds (apart from the odd shady character!) and that's why I'm hoping that some of our community will be willing to take part in a campaign I am running called Operation Hound.

I'm quite sure that the majority of people reading this will have heard of the Yulin Dog Meat Festival in China where each year thousands of dogs - many stolen pets - are skinned, boiled and burned alive. This actually occurs every day of the year in China as millions of dogs are subjected to the same fate on a daily basis. We - and our dogs - are very fortunate to live in a country where dog welfare is a priority - doggy heaven, as many call it. The same cannot be said of the poor dogs and their grieving owners in China, where animal welfare laws are non-existent.

The campaign I'm running has several thousand people participating throughout the globe and I would love for some local dog lovers to get on board. Even if you are not a dog lover, your help would be much appreciated; anyone who objects to such extreme torture and cruelty is rightly outraged by this. We are currently spreading awareness about the "cultural myth" in China - there is widespread misinformation that the DMT is cultural; it is not. For almost 300 years when the Qing Dynasty reigned in China, the killing and consumption of dog was forbidden. It was only in 1912 when the KMT nationalist party got to power that dogs began being subjected to nationwide torture, as the KMT hated the Qing and would boil dogs alive before political meetings just to spite them. Mao's communist regime further inflamed cruelty to dogs with many being exterminated, and this terrible torture and cruelty continues to this day. Millions of Chinese people want the trade to end, but their government won't listen to them. That's why it's so important that we who live in democratic nations use our power and voice to help them, by urging our own governments to apply pressure on President Xi. Currently, we are working with Americans as the USA has legislation underway which could potentially see the US government openly objecting to the dog meat trade; if this legislation is a success, it could be explosive, producing a domino effect throughout the world.

Will you help us? I don't believe that the worth of a dog's life depends on what side of the border it is on. There is absolutely nowhere else in the world where dogs are subjected to such horrific cruelty, and on such a grand scale, which is accepted, even sometimes encouraged, by their government. If you are willing to help, please join Operation Hound!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1954614731419993/

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Yulin Dog Meat Festival21/06/18 04:20:00 Sarah Antoinette
   Re:Yulin Dog Meat Festival21/06/18 10:14:00 Vanessa Smith
      Re:Re:Yulin Dog Meat Festival21/06/18 10:48:00 Adam Beamish
      Re:Re:Yulin Dog Meat Festival22/06/18 01:42:00 Sarah Antoinette

Forum Home