Forum Message

Topic: Is Brentford now permanently a 'project'?
Posted by: Angela Burton
Date/Time: 19/04/24 10:24:00

Hello forum

As someone born and bred in Brentford and who loves our town, for a few years now I've tried to ignore the hoarding-to-hoarding description of the south side of our high street as a 'project'.

I've been looking forward to the day when these hoardings would be gone and the new development would be fully part of the town again.

But to my utter dismay, the signs for the new roads leading off the south side of the high street have the new road name, and underneath, 'The Brentford Project'.

Why? Are we now permanently a project? A project is something with an end.

The south side of Brentford is NOT a project. Brentford is a whole community - north and south of the high street - and one half of it should not eternally be labelled a 'project'. It is a dangerous precedent.

Am guessing these roads are private and don't need to have 'London Borough of Hounslow' and its crest on them, like (for e.g.) Catherine Wheel Road.

I will be pursuing this with Ruth Cadbury to ask why this has been allowed, and for this writing on the signs to be removed or changed to LBH. We live in a major, thriving London borough, not a project.

Angela Burton

Entire Thread
TopicDate PostedPosted By
Is Brentford now permanently a 'project'?19/04/24 10:24:00 Angela Burton
   Re:Is Brentford now permanently a 'project'?19/04/24 10:51:00 Cathy Jones
      Re:Re:Is Brentford now permanently a 'project'?19/04/24 13:18:00 Jim Lawes
   Re:Is Brentford now permanently a 'project'?19/04/24 15:44:00 Mike Paterson
      Re:Re:Is Brentford now permanently a 'project'?19/04/24 19:49:00 David Cook
   Re:Is Brentford now permanently a 'project'?20/04/24 15:22:00 Tracie Dudley Craig

Forum Home